Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Unexplained Absence

I feel as though I owe all of you readers (okay well...like, all 12 of you) an apology. I've been MIA lately, and even though it was for (what I thought) was a good reason, that's no excuse for abandoning my 12 loyal little readers.

There is a quote in To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee that my dad always quotes when he's tired of explaining something. "I got somethin' to say an' then I ain't gonna say no more." This is a situation that doesn't deserve much explanation, so I'm going to keep it short and sweet. Last week I found out that my internship wasn't going to be extended, which meant that a week before Christmas, I was out of work. Aside from being completely scared out of my mind about how I'm going to pay for gas, groceries, rent, electric, internet, and student loans (just to name a few) now that I don't have a job, I basically just let all of my concern and worry get the best of me.

Cue a good four days spent crying on the couch, without washing my hair, and watching nothing but crime shows on Netflix. I was gross. The whole thing was gross. I let depression get the better of me, and I'm so glad that my friends and family finally said enough is enough and made me get up and get on with my life. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

On Friday, Brian and I left for the beach to spend Christmas with his family. I'm currently sitting on the couch in their condo, watching my favorite Christmas movies snuggled up with Chase, Charlie, and Brian waiting on his parents to return from dropping off his little brother Shawn back on base in Norfolk, VA. It's been a great weekend of fun, food, laughs, and jokes, all of which I desperately needed. We've learned that I haven't seen nearly enough Christmas movies, and that my mind is getting dirtier the longer I stay with Brian. Overall, the whole weekend was a great way to unwind after the hellish ordeal that was last week.

I'll start to post pictures soon. I leave on the 27th to fly back "home" to Florida for a wedding, so I'm not sure how much I'll be posting. Hopefully I'll take advantage of my Blogger app for iPhone and keep you guys updated from the airport.

To those of you who saw me last week, thanks for all the love, even though I'm pretty sure I looked like I was hit by a bus. Love you all.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment